Religious Education and Philosophy: Support
Trips and competitions with which the department has been involved in recent years include:
- Visit to Neasden Hindu Temple
- Visit to St Paul’s Cathedral
- Visit to the Buddhist Temple in Wimbledon
- Visit to the South London Gurdwara
- The NATRE Spirited Arts competition
- Southwark Cathedral’s Post-16 conference
In addition we regularly encourage students to enter a range of essay competitions run by prestigious universities.
The department runs a weekly Philosophy, Religion and Ethics Society where we invite both students and guest speakers to give presentations followed by discussion and debate. Examples of topics discussed in 2016-2017 include: Sufism, religious pluralism, free will, the alternative right, the nature of truth, and Milton’s Paradise Lost.