The school has extensive on-site facilities and is constantly renewing and expanding them whenever it can.
The main school building was opened in 1975 and contains an assembly hall, the kitchens and canteen, the library, the laboratories and study rooms of the Science Wing and suites of teaching rooms for Languages, English and Humanities. Classrooms throughout the school all have a computer and the vast majority are also multimedia equipped, with an interactive whiteboard, data projector and stereo sound system. The PE and Sports facilities include a gym equipped with a climbing wall, multi-gym, sports hall, on-site games pitches and astros.
Further additions have also been made since the school was first built:
- four computer rooms, fully networked
- the Art and DT Block, comprising four Design Technology rooms, three Art rooms and an Exhibition Area
- the Music Wing, containing two teaching rooms and a suite of individual practice rooms
- the Sixth Form Centre, with a study area and seminar rooms
- the Foundation Building, opened in 2005, with a suite of teaching rooms for Mathematics, Lecture Theatre and Conference Room
- the Lower School opened in 2015 with new classrooms, dining space and a music room
- in September 2015, as part of the School’s 400th anniversary celebrations, the assembly hall was fully refurbished and is now known as the John Jenkins Hall
We are situated on the historic site of the old Croydon Airport. The school is within walking distance of both Waddon and Wallington BR stations and is a short taxi or bus ride from East Croydon station. All these stations have frequent connections to central London stations. The M25/M23 is an 8 mile drive away.