Please use this link to give them your information if you are interested in them contacting you.
National Schools Badminton Finals
WITH OVER 2,000 schools starting out in this competition, it was a great honour for Wilson's to be among the nine teams that met for the finals. On Sunday 7 May the team travelled to the National Badminton centre in Milton Keynes to compete. The team was seeded to come seventh in the competition, but naturally wanted to do better.
In the first group, Wilson's beat Garforth comfortably and then went on to play one of the favourites from Reading and the eventual winners. Sadly they lost the match, but not without a great deal of effort being expended and a lot of close games.
This put the team in the group playing for 4th, 5th and 6th places. They really raised their game and won their first match against Balcarras 4-1 and went on to play Richard Hale losing narrowly 2-3, with one game being very close with a final score of 20 – 21. At the beginning of the season it did not look likely that Wilson's would qualify, but it shows what can be done with some talent and a lot of hard work and effort.
Many thanks to all the parents who travelled up and spent a long day supporting the school, and to Mrs Beckman for her coaching and encouragement. Wilson's finished in 5th place overall in the country, which is a fantastic achievement and a testament to the practice and hard work which the boys have put in.
This is the fifth consecutive year that the school has reached the National final and now the team is ready to start again with their target of the 2018 Finals. The bar is set very high! The Wilson's team comprised: Tom Malcolm, Luke Griffiths, James Benjamin, David Middleton and Jazeban Asokkumar.
- Parents – Advice A wide range of extremely useful articles, well worth browsing
Music pages: updated
Summer Term Assessments
Sixth Form Mercury April 2017
A Midsummer Night's Dream (Feb. 2017) – video now online
Teaching vacancies: Teacher of Physics
Support Opportunities: Development Director
E-Safety Workshop presentation 2017
- @WilsonsSchool – follow to keep up with the latest school news
@wilsonsalumni – the Wilson’s Alumni Network
@WilsonsCCF – routine and weekly orders, camps and courses
@WilsonsChess – news of school chess activities
@WilsonsClassics – the world of Classics and the school department
@WilsonsCoCurric – clubs and societies
@WilsonsMaths – updates from the Maths Department
@WilsonsPE – fixtures, results and news
@wilsonsphysics – the latest from the Physics department
@wilsonshistory — stay in touch with the History department
Wilson’s School is:
- committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
- a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (registered number 7536970). Registered office: Mollison Drive, Wallington, Surrey SM6 9JW
- a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk