Wilson's School

Donors' Reception

'non sibi sed omnibus'

Stacks Image 691306

WILSON'S is a school founded on altruism and philanthropy. Edward Wilson himself is probably still the school's most generous benefactor by virtue of the land he bestowed upon the school in 1615, which enabled it to flourish over its time in Camberwell. This week, over ninety guests and staff attended a reception in order for the school to thank them for supporting the refurbishment of the John Jenkins Hall. Following entertainment provided by our musicians, the guests were praised by the Head for their kindness and indeed for living out the school's motto of NON SIBI SED OMNIBUS. One of our Senior Prefects, Rory and a leading Wilson's alumnus, Paul Britton, also spoke about what Wilson's meant to them. Mr Britton spoke eloquently about the power of philanthropy in supporting education.

Pictured above: Paul Britton (OW) speaking; below, guests talking to Wilson’s Governor, Lynne Smithard

Stacks Image 691308
Stacks Image 686659
Stacks Image 686439
Search Wilson's School
Site last updated: 4:56 pm 19/10/2018
A boys' grammar school situated in the London Borough of Sutton (UK), Wilson’s School is:

  • committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
  • a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (registered number 7536970). Registered office: Mollison Drive, Wallington, Surrey SM6 9JW
  • a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk