IN THIS DEPARTMENT we want to give the students a broad and useful education in the world of technology, so that they have the opportunity to become confident independent learners. They will be given the chance to explore a variety of aspects of Computer Science.
Mr Jackson (Head of Computing)
Dr Hemp (KS3 and KS4 Computer Science Teacher)
- Computer Society is run each Monday lunchtime where students present and discuss areas of interest/developments in the world of computing. This is open to all students from Y9 upwards.
- Coding Club is run each Tuesday lunchtime on an alternating Y7/Y8 rotation.
- The BEBRAS competition is run for all KS3, and for KS4/5 students taking Computer Science.
- Students that qualify through BEBRAS (top 10% nationally) compete in the Oxford University Computing Challenge (OUCC).
- Students that wish to compete in KS5 are entered into the British Informatics Olympiad (BIO), which is a three-hour coding challenge.
A boys’ grammar school in the London Borough of Sutton (UK), Wilson’s School is:
- committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
- a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (no. 7536970). Registered office: Mollison Drive, Wallington, Surrey SM6 9JW